A lot of European, US and international directives has been introduced for reducing the impact of harmful elements in consumer goods on human health and environmental. The best technique for screening of products for heavy metals and restricted substances is X-ray fluorescence analysis due to its excellent sensitivity (lead, mercury, chromium, antimony and other hazardous elements can be detected at ppm level), high performance and non-destructive testing.
Elvatech products solve a lot of tasks, including following restricted hazardous substance directives:
· EU RoHS II . Restricted substances: Pb, Hg, Cd, Cr, PBB, PBDE in electronic equipment;
· EU WEEE . The same restricts, as in RoHS, but in waste electronic equipment;
· EU ELV . Restricts an amount of certain heavy metals, such as cadmium, lead, mercury and hexavalent chromium in end of live vehicles;
· USA CPSIA 2008. It limits the lead content in toys to 100 ppm level;
· USA Halogen free Directive;
· California Proposition 65;