Analysis of paintings and art works
Applications of using XRF analyzersOur devices support all kinds of applications. We can customize and calibrate the spectrometer for any analytical tasks of our clients:
– Metals and alloys
– Ores and minerals
– Precious metals
– RoHS and WEEE
– Analysis of oxides
– Soil analysis
– Automotive catalysts
– Thickness of coatings
How does XRF analyzer workThe x-ray tube within the analyzer creates a beam of x-radiation released from the portable analyzer’s front side. Next, the x-radiation beam will interact with the sample’s atoms. After the primary x-radiation interacts with the atoms of the sample there will be energy release. And this energy release helps the analyzer for identifying an element where it is emanating from as energy loss in the fluorescence process is always unique for each element.
Six reasons XRF analyzers are so useful1. As a technology, this is extremely unique. It deals with the irradiation of samples both solid, a liquid by using high-energy x-radiation coming from a controlled x-radiation tube. Remember, all the elements contain their own unique characteristic “fingerprint”. That’s why the tech can tell precisely the elements found in your sample and also their quantities in it.
2. XRF is very sensitive for metallic elements as well, especially the elements that range starting Ti-U in your periodic table. This is yet another benefit of the XRF precious metals analyzer. XRF can easily be applied while coating this thickness analysis to a multi-layered, single coating, over the non-metallic, metallic substrate.
3. You can use the portable analyzers anywhere, anytime you want. These devices are powerful gadgets and lightweight as well. Use them on the field, even when the conditions are very demanding, provided you have the best quality XRF analyzer with you. This will give you laboratory quality results and that too in just a few seconds instead of days or several weeks, which usually happens when you use traditional lab checking methodologies.
4. Handheld analyzers will give you the geochemical data quickly for quick anomalous zone delineation. You will also get a quantitative, in-depth analysis of the metal concentration to carry out geochemical mapping. This will reduce the lead time that’s often critical for business.
5. XRF is always right even without any sample preparation. The handheld devices can do easy point, shoot work efficiently. Sample preparation can still be essential or you can proceed without it as well. It depends on the acceptable accuracy, application.
6. The tech is always improving. XRF is becoming faster and more accurate, like in the case of analyzing light element, for example.